At AIG Canada, we are vigilant of any misrepresentation of our name and services. Please be advised that AIG does not offer insurance coverage for wire transfers or other types of electronic fund transfer methods.
Anyone who receives or has purchased an alleged AIG branded policy purporting to insure a wire transfer (or other types of electronic fund transfers), should contact local law enforcement and AIGCanadaOmbudsman@aig.com to report the matter.
Did you know that a leading cause of home fire deaths is smoking? If quitting smoking is still not an option for you in spite of overwhelming evidence against it, then make sure that you 1) extinguish cigarettes entirely, 2) never smoke in bed and 3) never smoke when sleepy or when taking prescription drugs or alcohol.
Heating equipment and appliances are frequently causes of fire and death and preventable in many cases. Be sure to unplug appliances that are not in use and keep them clean and away from water. Flammable materials, such as curtains, clothes, etc. should be kept one metre away from heating devices, at a minimum. Make sure that your dryer is properly vented and that you clean out the lint traps prior to each use. Clean the lint out of the vent pipe once or twice per year.
Fireplaces or stoves must be installed and maintained properly. Canadasafetycouncil.org advises that you must be sure to leave the damper open until the fire is completely out and the ashes are cool enough to touch. They also advise that you must never use flammable materials such as gasoline in a woodstove or fire, for the obvious reason that this can create an immediate fire and ensuing disaster. Keep children well away from your fireplace and never go to bed with a fire burning.
Electrical equipment that is in a state of disrepair can easily trigger fire. Be sure to note and diagnose problems that could range from flickering lights, hot switches to wall switches that don’t work. Extension cords should never be permanent or run beneath rugs. Have more wall switches installed if need be.
Candles are lovely but can turn deadly fast. Don’t leave them unattended and always put them out when you leave the room. It doesn’t take much imagination to see how the family pet could easily swish a tail to knock it over, or your toddler could bump it. It could be as simple as the flame burning down and oozing out of its container. Never, ever sleep while a candle burns.
There are so many sources in today’s world to help you learn all there is to know about this. Get familiar with as many ways as possible to avoid and prevent fire.