A serious injury or death can have a financial impact even for two-income families.
Home mortgage payments, college education funds and retirement savings may all be jeopardized if money is not available to help provide for employees and their families’ needs. Personal Accident Insurance enables businesses to offer their employees insurance in the event of an accidental death or injury. Businesses can broaden their employee benefits portfolio with virtually no administration, thanks to convenient payroll deduction. This coverage can serve as an optional supplement to employer-provided coverage and help businesses control costs with an employee-paid offering.
Features & Benefits
- Controls costs since premiums are paid entirely by employees and entails virtually no administration, thanks to convenient payroll deduction
- Enhances employee benefits to help attract, retain and motivate employees so companies remain employers of choice
- Ongoing support, including customized enrolments to minimize HR involvement
- Offers remarkable flexibility to tailor to employee needs through a broad range of additional benefit options
- Benefits are payable in addition to any other insurance that may be in effect at the time of the accident
- Provides coverage 24 hours a day worldwide, whether at work, at home, or away on business or vacation
- Program is enhanced with 24/7 travel assistance services provided by AIG’s wholly-owned assistance company
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Permanent and Total Disability
- Home Alteration and Vehicle Modification
- Workplace Modification and Accommodation
- Day Care
- Spouse & Dependent Child Educational Benefit
- Common Disaster
We can offer customized insurance solutions for companies to support their specific needs. Click below to learn more about each of our coverage options.
Provides a lump sum payment for a covered accident that result in a loss of life, limbs, speech, hearing or sight. An affordable benefit for covered individuals for which the sponsor pays the plan cost.
Provides a lump sum benefit if an insured becomes permanently and totally disabled as a result of a covered accident and cannot perform daily-living activities without personal assistance for the remainder of his or her life.
Pays monthly cash benefits for the duration of an insured’s hospital stay due to a covered accidental injury. Supplements provincial hospital coverage and helps protect against unforeseen costs such as parking and transportation costs, child care, and private accommodations.
Reimburses covered rehabilitation expenses as a result of a covered accident that causes a covered dismemberment or paralysis.
- Home Alteration and Vehicle Modification to make an insured’s residence or vehicle habitable and wheel-chair accessible as a result of a covered accident
- Repatriation for the preparation and transportation of an insured’s mortal remains to home in the event of death
- Bereavement benefit to pay for covered grief counselling expenses for the insured and his/her family members if the insured suffers a covered accident
- Education benefit to help cover tuition costs for eligible spouse or dependent children if the insured suffers a covered accident death
Through AIG’s wholly-owned global assistance company, we offer a broad spectrum of assistance services that can be integrated into any of the programs we provide. Our services are delivered through an international network of wholly-owned assistance centres that operate 24/7 and that are staffed with doctors and nurses as well as multi-lingual/multi-cultural specialists who coordinate assistance services. We offer a comprehensive range of medical, travel, security and personal assistance services, including:
Our assistance coordinators are just a phone call away to help with a wide array of unexpected travel problems including lost passports, prescription replacements, tracking down lost luggage and emergency travel rebooking services.
With a worldwide network of preferred medical providers, we help ensure that your members get the appropriate medical care they need in every corner of the globe. From physician referrals to coordination of medical evacuations, we’re there to meet our clients' needs when they need it most.
Our experienced, multi-disciplinary team of security experts help minimize risks by supplying relevant and timely intelligence, as well as 24/7 intervention and evacuation services. We provide immediate response for anything from a minor security incident to truly life-threatening events. We also offer identity theft assistance services.
From restaurant reservations to event tickets, tee times to spa appointments, our concierge specialists are available 24/7 to respond to virtually any request – large or small.
Our assistance specialists are here to keep your travellers on the move. A unique service that is like having a dedicated around-the-clock travel counsellor just a phone call away to solve last-minute travel problems or emergencies.