Environmental and General Liability Exposures (EAGLE) Program® combines commercial general liability (CGL) and pollution legal liability (PLL) coverage in a single, cost effective policy which helps to eliminate potential coverage gaps.
The PLL coverage component provides coverage for scheduled sites and can be endorsed to include blanket non-owned disposal site coverage. Business interruption coverage may also be added by endorsement. The additional PLL coverage portion provides products pollution liability coverage, especially valuable to manufacturers that produce products with potentially hazardous materials. Pollution liability coverage is also offered for hostile fire, contractor’s pollution and transported cargo. Target classes include manufacturers and distributors whose raw materials, products or industrial processes present a significant environmental exposure, including but not limited to chemical manufacturers and distributors.
Features & Benefits
- Emergency response costs arising from a pollution condition requiring immediate action
- Per location and project general aggregate
- Sudden and accidental pollution liability insurance for claims for bodily injury and property damage available on a blanket basis for premises owned, occupied, rented or leased by the insured resulting from pollution conditions on or migrating from such premises that are discovered within 10 days of first commencement and are reported within 30 days of discovery
- Pollution liability insurance options include new and pre-existing conditions for claims for bodily injury, property damage and clean-up costs on or migrating from scheduled insured properties
- Additional PLL insurance coverage afforded for environmental liabilities arising from products, contracting operations and transportation of the insured’s goods, products or waste
- Primary general liability coverage includes broad form named insured, broad additional insured coverage and no premium audit provision
- Access to our many value-added tools and programs including PIER, web-based risk management tools and resources, engineering loss control and specialty claims staff
- Minimum premiums: EAGLE - $20,000; EAGLE Excess - $2,000
- EAGLE Excess is available with limits up to $25 million over the primary EAGLE program, including or excluding pollution liability, auto liability, employers' liability and foreign liability with a $1 million minimum underlying limit