Just because the healthcare industry is experiencing an unprecedented period of uncertainty and tumult does not mean risk management plans have to experience the same uncertainty.
Consider these facts:
- Experts estimate that the percentage of physicians operating independently has decreased by half from 2000-2012
- Medical cost inflation is outpacing the U.S. consumer price index by a factor of 2.5 to 1. A claim that cost $1,000 in 1961 could cost $17,450 today [Department of Labor: Bureau of Labor and Statistics]
As much as 45 cents out of every dollar spent on U.S. healthcare is related to a medical mistake. [University of Denver study published in Health Affairs 2011]
Carefully considered risk management strategies, especially now, are critical to achieving safer outcomes for patients and families. We have years of expertise providing the safety, security and protection that hospitals, physician groups and urgent care facilities need.
Features & Benefits
- A carrier that for over 40 years has maintained its commitment to the healthcare industry by providing some of the most innovative and cutting-edge risk management and claims services that have evolved to adapt to industry trends and standards
- Access to RiskTool, our web-based healthcare risk management and patient safety resource, providing many sources of information, assessment tools and training
- Best in class loss control programs designed to help healthcare providers improve patient safety and reduce overall liability exposures. Peace of mind knowing that even the most complex exposures receive unwavering, sound protection year after year
- Peace of mind knowing that even the most complex exposures receive unwavering, sound protection year after year
- Hospitals and Healthcare Systems
- Long Term Care Facilities
- Physicians and Surgeons
- Miscellaneous Facilities
- Life Sciences