What is Transportation Insurance?
Commercial transportation insurance provides solutions for transportation and logistics operators seeking standard and specialized casualty programs. These programs help to provide piece of mind for our clients so that they can focus on operating their business. Working in conjunction with our loss control experts and clients, we aim to improve the overall effectiveness of their risk management approach by minimizing gaps in their safety programs, reducing crash frequency which subsequently leads to a reduction in overall loss costs and benefits their bottom line. We partner with high quality fleet clients, including for hire carriers, contract carriers, dedicated fleets, and private fleets. We focus on operations with an established safety culture, a sound risk management approach, and a demonstrated record of safety and compliance. We help clients get where they want to go—faster, more efficiently and with a genuine partner committed to the essential transportation industry.
Target markets include:
- General freight trucking
- Temperature sensitive freight trucking
- Intermodal freight trucking
- Flatbed haulers
- Speciality over dimensional trucking
- Heavy equipment haulers (flatbed and float)
Why Your Business Needs Transportation Insurance Coverage?
As the transportation industry continues to innovate and evolve, our dedicated industry specialists are committed to developing timely products and services that help today’s transportation companies manage their exposures with the utmost efficiency.
- A tractor-trailer driver failed to reduce speed sufficiently prior to entering a bend in the road, resulting in damage to the truck and trailer when they overturned
- A driver failed to notice that directions provided by a Global Positioning System (GPS) would lead to a bridge not rated to carry the gross vehicle weight (GVW) of the truck and its cargo, resulting in damage to the bridge when attempting to cross it
- A driver was following another vehicle too closely and was not able to stop in time, resulting in a collision with bodily injury damages to the third parties
What Does Transportation Insurance Cover?
- Auto liability, auto physical damage coverage
- Non-owned auto coverage
- Lessor’s contingent coverage
- Garage auto coverage
- Cargo coverage
- Warehouseman’s legal
- Liability coverage
The AIG Advantage
- Provides clients with specialized commercial trucking insurance products and services built on decades of industry knowledge and underwriting experience, risk mitigation expertise, claims data, and client insights
- Employs a dedicated underwriting team with extensive trucking industry knowledge who will work with clients and brokers to design a trucking insurance program that addresses the full range of unique transportation-related exposures
- Employs loss control experts focused on the transportation industry to help clients develop safety procedures and risk management programs
- Uses advanced technology to provide clients customized data analytics to benchmark performance and reduce the total cost of risk
- Provides clients a 24/7 hotline to a dedicated claims team including a broad network of accident reconstruction experts and investigators
- Offers clients an insurer partner that has a strong commitment to the transportation industry that seeks to provide the capacity they require regardless of where they operate in North America
- Commits to delivering value to our brokers and clients by providing open communication, comprehensive coverage solutions, claims excellence and client risk solutions expertise
- Offers clients CrisisResponse® to cover certain costs associated with a crisis management event