What is Power and Utilities Insurance?
AIG’s energy solutions are built specifically for Canada’s power and utilities industry. Specializing in all aspects of energy storage, from compressed air and solar to thermal and battery, AIG helps manage the challenging exposures of Canadian energy storage organizations. AIG Canada’s experienced underwriting staff and risk control specialists help mitigate exposures, while helping to ensure the longevity of the power and utility industry.
Why does your organization need Power and Utilities Insurance?
AIG Canada’s risk engineering provides world-class, value-added loss control and prevention services – from the planning and construction phases for new construction to operational ongoing loss control. Dedicated, highly experienced risk engineers conduct risk assessment surveys and loss control inspections that analyze the unique exposures associated with power and utility risks. This includes assessing exposures from equipment and management practices, as well as traditional perils such as flood, windstorm, earthquake, and fire.
AIG provides solutions for traditional power generators and renewable and alternative energy.
What does Power and Utilities Insurance cover?
- Tailored coverage for power and utilities companies
- Physical damage
- Business interruption, including other types of Time Element extensions
- Tailored equipment-specific coverage
The AIG Advantage
Energy Industry Specialization
- AIG’s energy insurance underwriting team is known for deep, specialized knowledge and expertise that comes from firsthand experience in the industry.
- AIG Energy can write customized coverage solutions and loss engineering services to meet the needs of each business.
Energy Claims Advantage
- With leading expertise and investments in innovation, AIG’s dedicated team of adjusters and examiners are available via 24/7 hotline to help Canadian power and utility clients get back to normal faster.
Customized Service and Worldwide Protection
- AIG customizes service plans to meet the needs of Canada’s power and utility organizations.
- AIG’s dedicated energy experts help identify unique exposures while performing on-site inspections using industry-leading analytical models.