What is Employee Practices Liability Insurance?
Employee Practices Liability addresses claims brought by employees alleging workplace wrongful termination, bullying, harassment, discrimination, invasion of privacy, and other employment-related claims.
Why does your business need Employment Edge Liability Practices Insurance?
- An employee alleges sexual harassment against a manager.
- An employee alleges that their privacy was violated at work when a security guard demanded to see the contents of their bag.
- A senior executive alleges that they were wrongfully dismissed during a corporate reorganization.
What does Employment Edge Liability Practices Insurance cover?
From alleged discrimination to alleged third-party harassment, AIG’s Employment Edge provides the employment liability practices insurance today’s employers need. Coverages include:
- Employment Practices Violation Definition - Expanded definition including current issues such as same-sex sexual harassment and discrimination, invasion of privacy, and negative employee reference.
- Wrongful Internet Activity - Extends coverage for harassment, discrimination, and other employment-related claims.
- Non-Employee Third Party Claims - Covers harassment and unlawful discrimination claims brought by non-employee third parties.
- Wrongful Termination Loss - Extends to cover the differential between amount owing under Canadian common law (not contract) and amount company has offered claimant (excluding minimum statutory amounts).
- E-Discovery Consulting - Up to $25,000 first-dollar coverage.
The AIG Advantage
- Specialized in-house claims expertise – Dedicated to managing employment practices liability claims brought against your organization and its management.
- Late noticing of Administrative Claims - Preserves coverage for your claims that relate back to an administrative or regulatory investigation inadvertently unreported under a prior AIG policy.
- Foreign Jurisdictions - Ensures the most favourable terms and conditions from local AIG policies are applied to your claims in foreign jurisdictions.