What is Foreign Casualty Insurance?
Foreign Casualty provides global insurance solutions for large Canadian-based customers’ casualty exposures outside North America* including general liability, workers’ compensation (employers liability and foreign voluntary workers compensation), and foreign auto programs.
Why does your business need Foreign Casualty Insurance?
Some examples may include:
- A Canadian mining company was looking to acquire coverage for operations in Africa, but had trouble navigating local jurisdictions and restrictions that would meet the requirements of its Canadian Board and would still be compliant with local regulations.
- A Canadian manufacturing company with operations in South America had an incident which resulted in several injured employees.
What does Foreign Casualty Insurance cover?
Supported by the full breadth of AIG’s global capabilities, our industry experts structure programs that effectively and efficiently manage risk by providing:
- Customized casualty or package coverage for Canadian organizations with foreign casualty exposures
- Beyond-the-policy solutions with comprehensive client support from pre-bind to program implementation to post-bind
- 24/7 global medical, travel, and security assistance
- TravelGuard® - a seamless AIG travel accident services resource that protects clients and their employees with evacuation, doctors’ consultations, and up-to-date information
Coverage may include both master and locally issued (admitted) policies for:
- WorldRisk® Foreign Package o Foreign Commercial General Liability
- Foreign Business Automobile Liability
- Foreign Voluntary Workers Compensation
- Primary casualty up to $10M limits in exposure
- Locally admitted good standing specialty coverage including freedom of services, pure financial loss, product recall, statutory employers liability, among other coverages, through our AIG network.
*AIG Travel cannot provide assistance in any country that is the subject of economic and/or diplomatic sanctions, prohibitions, or restrictions.
The AIG Advantage
- Delivers world-class multinational expertise, solutions, and service to clients in a globally consistent and seamless fashion through one of the largest global networks in the industry
- Draws on 50 years of experience in many of AIG’s 90 operating countries to enable clients to choose from local, global, and controlled master program options based on the business’ needs in each country
- Provides expertise on the potential hazards associated with employees working outside North America
- Provides clients access to a dedicated and experienced claims team with in-country professional claims handling
- Provides clients with a variety of program options including guaranteed cost, deductible, self insured retentions, retrospective, or captive programs
- Offers clients access to the MyAIG Client Portal — the self-service client/broker portal with online access for program management
- Enables clients to view combined or localized loss data worldwide on applicable lines of business via IntelliRisk® Advanced, our web-based on-demand claims reporting system
- Provides clients access to CrisisResponse® for best-in-class public relations firms for the swift and appropriate response in managing a crisis globally, no matter how simple or complex the exposure
- Enables clients with low- to mid-level exposures to be flexible in choosing one or all nine of the available coverage lines (including kidnap, ransom and extortion and political risk) under the WorldRisk Foreign Commercial Package