What is Basic and Voluntary Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance?
Accidental death and dismemberment insurance provides coverage for an organization’s employees, worldwide 24/7, on or off the job.
Why does your organization need Basic AD&D Insurance?
With basic AD&D insurance coverage, companies have an excellent solution that can help reduce employee health and benefits costs, expand benefit packages, and demonstrate their commitment to employees.
What does Basic AD&D Insurance cover?
AD&D insurance also makes customized solutions available for companies to support their specific needs. Options include:
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment - provides a lump sum payment for a covered accident that results in a loss of life, limbs, speech, hearing, or sight
- Family Coverage – Voluntary AD&D benefits increase maximum coverage for employees and can extend benefits to spouse, and children
- Permanent and Total Disability - Provides a lump sum benefit if an insured becomes permanently and totally disabled because of a covered accident and cannot perform daily-living activities
- In-Hospital Benefit - Pays monthly cash benefits for the duration of an insured’s hospital stay to cover additional expenses such as parking and transportation costs, childcare, and private accommodations
- Rehabilitation - Reimburses covered rehabilitation expenses due to an accident such as physiotherapy
The AIG Advantage
- AIG risk appetite for AD&D is broader than typical group benefit insurers and provides cost effective benefits for a range of occupations
- Enables clients to provide a program with higher limits, if necessary
- Makes available a “carve-out” program to a standard group life insurance program, allowing for broader AD&D insurance coverage for employees while helping clients control costs
- Offers clients an easy, cost-effective AD&D program to setup and administer as a stand-alone, mandatory, or voluntary plan
- Offers clients remarkable flexibility to tailor their program to employee needs through a broad range of additional benefit options
- Pays benefits in addition to any other insurance that may be in effect at the time of the accident
- Utilizes AIG’s global coverage network in 215+ countries and jurisdictions to deliver multinational capabilities to clients
- Employs a team of dedicated in-house claims and underwriting professionals with many years of experience to collaboratively address clients’ claims swiftly, in French or English, worldwide