Thanks to advances in medicine science and technology over decades, the chances of surviving a critical illness have improved greatly.
However, the costs of coping with and recovering from a critical illness can be significant—even when survivors and their families have solid healthcare coverage. Unforeseen costs such as transportation costs and child care can add up. Loss of income may also create financial burdens that can last for a long time.
AIG’s Critical Illness plan can help reduce the financial stress from surviving a critical illness by providing lump-sum payments in the event that an insured is diagnosed with a critical illness such as cancer, stroke or heart attack. They are free to make their own spending choices and use the payments for any purpose, including living expenses, alternative therapies, child care, college tuition and home modification.
Features & Benefits
- Employers or organizations can add significant value to benefit packages at an affordable cost
- Coverage is tailored to suit specific needs and delivered at affordable group rates through easy payroll deductions
- Coverage encompasses a wide range of preventative screening tests, which helps insureds and their families protect their health
- Supplements provincial healthcare coverage
- Pays lump-sum benefits upon the diagnosis of a covered critical illness
- Helps protect against unforeseen costs with payments that can be used at the insured’s discretion
- Family coverage is also available
- Helps organizations fulfill their commitment to their members’ well-being
Covered critical illnesses include:
- Life threatening cancer
- Heart attack
- Kidney (renal failure)
- Coronary artery bypass graft
- Loss of sight, speech or hearing
- Major organ transplant—heart, liver, or pancreas