What is Participant Accident Insurance?
AIG’s Participant Accident insurance provides coverage that adds value and protection for people who are part of the sanctioned activities of a group or association— also known as “affinity” groups. AIG’s Participant Accident insurance can also complement an organization’s general liability plan by covering injuries under a separate accident policy.
AIG’s Participant Accident insurance provides coverage for the following groups:
- Schools and student groups
- Youth groups, and community service organizations
- Sports and recreation participants
- Volunteers and board members
- Faith-based groups
Why does your organization need Participant Accident insurance?
AIG’s Participant Accident insurance provides enhanced accident and medical coverage for members who may be injured during a group activity but where there is no fault or liability. These coverages provide support immediately for medical needs without having to go through lengthy liability insurance claims.
What does Participant Accident insurance cover?
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment - provides a lump sum payment for a covered accident that results in loss of life, limbs, speech, hearing, or sight
- Accidental Para-Medical Expense Reimbursement – helps injured members pay for additional medical needs that may not be covered under provincial health plans, such as ambulance services, semi-private hospital rooms, mobility aids, private duty nursing, prescription drugs*, and para-medical services. (*Not available in Quebec.)
- Weekly Accident Indemnity - replaces potential lost income of a participant through indemnity payments for short-term disability(ies) due to a covered accident
- Permanent and Total Disability - provides a lump sum benefit if an insured becomes permanently and totally disabled because of a covered accident and cannot perform daily-living activities
The AIG Advantage
- AIG’s long-standing expertise as a specialty insurance provider satisfies the needs of a niche-market that few insurance companies provide
- Offers clients remarkable flexibility to tailor their program to employee needs through a broad range of additional benefit options
- Helps mitigate an organization’s reputational and liability risks should an unexpected accident or injury occur; benefits are paid regardless of fault
- Helps support members’ confidence that coverage will complement medical insurance and financial needs if an accident occurs
- Provides a lump sum payment that can be used at the member’s discretion
- Provides weekly cash benefits that can help pay expenses while members are partially or totally disabled because of an accident