Companies can be decimated by a single loss.
For example: A cable spark ignited a massive wildfire causing damages in excess of $2 billion. Never having been able to anticipate such a liability, the company responsible quickly found its insurance limits exhausted. An unexpected trigger like this is just one example from the several wildfire cases on our books, with alleged damages ranging from $100 million to $1 billion.
We are no stranger to claims of this type and severity. We attempt to construct a seamless and appropriately high tower of excess liability insurance that can be a critical safeguard against catastrophic losses. With assets on the line, our clients rest easy knowing that we have handled more high-limit casualty claims — and more complex casualty claims — than any other insurance organization. Our claims professionals measure their experience in decades, not years.
The Scheme of Arrangement for the transfer of insurance policies and related assets from the Bermuda branch of AIG Excess Limited to American International Reinsurance Company Ltd. (AIRCO) was sanctioned by the Irish High Court on 15 March 2013. The Scheme became effective 1 April 2013.
Features & Benefits
- Non-admitted products that provide exceptional flexibility in customizing solutions to meet individual client needs
- Highly-experienced underwriting with local capabilities and responsiveness
- Specific industry specialization in energy, transportation, healthcare, life sciences and construction
- CrisisResponse® available with some policies to cover certain costs associated with a crisis management event
- Coverage backed by one of the industry’s largest and most experienced claims operations with a dedicated excess casualty claims team
- Follow-form excess liability limits available up to $50 million
- Catastrophic, high excess limits available up to $150 million with a minimum attachment of $50 million
- Multiple policy forms available, including integrated occurrence, follow-form occurrence, follow-form claims-made and follow-form dual trigger
- Available coverages include:
- Excess General Liability
- Excess Commercial Auto Liability
- Excess Employers' Liability
- Excess Product Liability
- Excess Marine Liability
- Excess Energy Liability
- Excess Premises Liability
- Excess Contractors Liability
- Limited Excess Professional Liability