What is General Casualty Insurance?
Casualty insurance is designed to protect businesses from the costs of accidents, injuries, and property damage sustained by third parties. The insurance provides tailored general, excess, and specialty casualty solutions for domestic and multinational companies, including Fortune 500 organizations. Canadian companies of all sizes and industries need sound protection against traditional risks, as well as more complex exposures.
Why does your business need General Casualty Insurance?
A few common examples:
- While visiting your processing plant, a vendor is injured while inspecting equipment
- While transporting goods to a supplier, a company vehicle is involved in an automobile accident that causes significant damage to multiple vehicles.
- Your product injures a person or damages a third party’s property
What does General Casualty Insurance cover?
At its core, General Casualty insurance covers bodily injury, property damage, advertising injury and personal injury:
- AIG casualty solutions can be built to the specific needs of the insured
- Specialized coverage enhancements available for industry-specific exposures, including commercial real estate, financial institutions, food processing and distribution, technology, construction and manufacturing
- Loss control
- Mitigation coverage
The AIG Advantage
- Leverages underwriting experience and creativity to provide solutions tailored to clients’ risks via collaboration between highly experienced underwriters and claims professionals
- Employs dedicated claims professionals in Canada to provide clients with 24/7 emergency service
- Provides clients of various sizes customized solutions — ranging from guaranteed cost programs to loss sensitive and captive structures
- Enables clients to access a multinational network of 215+ countries and jurisdictions for a consistent and seamless experience regardless of where they do business
- Specializes in providing solutions to clients’ complex and challenging risks including large, hard-to-place risks
- Employs highly experienced risk consultants to help clients assess and mitigate risks and develop loss control strategies
- Commits to service excellence and building long-term partnerships with brokers and clients
- Backs programs with financial strength rated A+ by S&P, and A by AM Best