What is Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Insurance?
AIG’s Energy solutions are built specifically for Canada’s chemicals and pharmaceuticals industries. AIG Canada’s chemical and pharmaceutical experts specialize in all aspects of the segment. To help clients address their risks and mitigate exposures, AIG Energy employs a highly experienced underwriting team and dedicated risk control specialists.
Why does your organization need Chemical and Pharmaceutical Insurance?
AIG’s Energy team offers Canadian chemicals and pharmaceuticals organizations with what they need most – deep understanding of the industry and its environment and operations, as well as extensive and specialized expertise, innovative solutions, loss control capabilities, responsive claims handling, substantial insurance capacity, and a global reach.
What does Chemical and Pharmaceutical Insurance cover?
- Market-leading capacity
- Ability to front for large global programs including captives
- Ability to write globally
- Significant worldwide CAT capacity
The AIG Advantage
Captives / Multinational Expertise
- Provides clients with world-class multinational expertise consistently and seamlessly via AIG’s global network
- Works with clients to create fronting programs to enable risk retention through a client’s own captive insurance or reinsurance company
- Enables clients to experience captive benefits by “renting” a segregated cell within one of AIG’s sponsored cell facilities
- Delivers service globally while also enabling Canadian clients to address risks with insurance and/or captive alternatives
Risk Engineering / Specialized Underwriting
- Delivers customized programs of coverages and risk engineering services tailored to protect against clients’ complex and specific industry risks, as well as property damage and business interruption
- Employs multidisciplinary property risk engineers with deep industry experience to help clients mitigate catastrophic and business interruption losses, and provide risk management assessments and best practices
- Provides highly experienced underwriting and risk engineering teams to provide customized solutions that help address Canadian energy companies’ specific and complex risks
- Advances clients up to 50% of an agreed loss estimate within 7 days – after coverage is confirmed – for property damage and repairs, clean-up costs and extra expenses
- Supports Canadian clients with dedicated AIG property claims professionals – not a third party
- Works transparently with Canadian energy companies to enable understanding of the claims process and how AIG works to resolve issues, while also deploying energy claims specialists worldwide
- Provides Canadian clients with supportive claims expertise and guidance to help them recover from losses as soon as possible