What is Commercial Crime Insurance?
A business with employees may be vulnerable to employee theft, forgery, and more. Commercial Crime Insurance provides protection for companies against the dishonest acts of their employees on a global basis.
Why does your business need CrimeGuard Choice® Crime Insurance coverage?
- A manager defrauded their company through overpayment and payroll taxes, ultimately opening an account in the manager’s name to store stolen funds
- Employees at a manufacturing plant undervalued scrap metal in return for kickbacks from the scrap dealer
- A CFO embezzled company funds over the course of five years to pay off their personal debts
What does CrimeGuard Choice Insurance cover?
From employee theft and forgery to the loss of a company’s benefit plan assets, CrimeGuard Choice® commercial crime insurance helps protect companies with:
- Coverage for loss of money, securities, or other assets resulting from:
- employee theft, computer fraud, forgery, fraudulent funds transfer, non-payment of money orders or counterfeit paper currency, and corporate credit card forgery
- a dishonest employee sent to work on the client’s premises
- loss of employee benefit plan assets
- The offer of additional agent’s theft coverage
The AIG Advantage
- Specialized, claims support.
- 100+ years of insurance experience
- Unique tailored coverages for numerous fraud-related losses to meet your company’s specific needs
- Loss investigation and settlement: an efficient, cooperative process to save time and money when you experience a covered event
- “Employee” is defined broadly to include independent contractors and consultants
- Discovery Basis – the policy is written on a “discovery basis” so time restrictions begin when loss is discovered, not when it occurs
- World-class multinational expertise, solutions, and service while delivering a seamless, globally consistent client experience across one of the industry’s largest global networks of 215+ jurisdictions