The threat of terrorism has become a greater concern for companies in today’s uncertain and rapidly evolving global political climate.
Once a rarely needed element included within most property policies, terrorism coverage is now an integral aspect of a comprehensive risk management program.
AIG’s property terrorism insurance is designed to protect businesses from potentially devastating losses, both domestic and abroad, that can result from a terrorist act. Our coverage goes beyond government-mandated protection and offers industry-leading limits for the unexpected times a business may need it most.
Features & Benefits
- Broad definition of terrorism that covers certified and non-certified acts of terrorism
- Coverage is provided for acts of terrorism committed domestically and abroad
- Flexibility of underwriting on a primary or excess basis
- Flexibility of rate and form allows for ease of handling unique coverage situations
- Customization of coverage to augment locally-mandated and government administered programs available
- Coverage can be extended to losses arising from attacks using biological or chemical agents through the BioChem Shield® endorsement in the U.S. and Canada
- Coverage for business interruption losses and expenses incurred when a civil or military order is imposed following a terrorist act is available through the OpShield® endorsement in the U.S. and Canada
- Threat and vulnerability assessment and online crisis management services available
- Property limits up to $1 billion available in the U.S. and up to $250 million in central business districts
- Property limits up to $250 million in Canada and $100 million for other international exposures
- Debris removal included
- International difference in conditions (DIC) coverage to expand local compulsory schemes or local elective schemes
- Available sublimits of up to $25 million for BioChem Shield coverage in the U.S. and Canada
- Available sub-limits of up to $25 million for OpShield coverage in the U.S. and Canada