What is Standalone Property Terrorism Insurance?
AIG’s standalone property terrorism insurance is designed to protect Canadian businesses from potentially devastating losses that can result from a terrorist act. Once viewed as a rarely needed insurance solution, standalone property terrorism insurance is now an integral part of a comprehensive risk management program. Backed by its global capabilities, AIG Canada’s coverage goes beyond government-mandated limits and offers industry-leading protection against terrorism and political violence.
Why does your organization need Standalone Property Terrorism Insurance?
- Broad definition of terrorism that covers certified and non-certified acts of terrorism
- Coverage is provided for acts of terrorism committed domestically and abroad
- Flexibility of underwriting on a primary or excess basis
- Wording flexibility allows for ease of handling unique coverage situations
- Customization of coverage to augment locally mandated and government administered programs available
What does AIG Standalone Property Terrorism Insurance cover?
- Available gross limits up to $500 million for terrorism
- Available gross limits up to $250 million for political violence
The AIG Advantage
- AIG provides industry-leading products from Canada with Canadian underwriters on Canadian paper
- Bespoke services focused on the clients’ needs
- On-site assessments in addition to virtual reviews
- Combined with a broad appetite, AIG is a high-capacity insurance provider
- AIG’s experienced claims team provides Canadian clients a 50% advance of an agreed loss estimate within 7 days of covered events – after coverage confirmed – for property damage, clean-up costs, and extra expenses
- Provides clients 24/7 hotline access to responsive, dedicated claims professionals
- Includes claims professionals in early client meetings to establish relationships and show capabilities
- Provides Canadian clients access to world-class multinational expertise, solutions, and service delivery in a globally consistent and seamless fashion
Security Risk Practice
- Specialized group comprised of experts specifically trained in terrorism threat identification and mitigation and led by individuals with decades of military and related field expertise
- Experts are available for multiple levels of exposure analysis and offering solutions customized to clients’ needs
- Access to SMARTBlast – AIG’s in-house hazard and estimated maximum loss modelling tool