What is Environmental and General Liability Exposures Insurance?
EAGLE combines Commercial General Liability (CGL) and Pollution Legal Liability (PLL) coverage in a single cost-effective policy to help eliminate potential coverage gaps for clients from traditional to non-traditional pollution-generating industries. EAGLE helps to eliminate policies in place from multiple insurers and multiple underwriters.
Why does your business need Environmental and General Liability Exposures Coverage?
- While replacing a steam supply valve in a critical pipe at a refinery, a back draft of hydrogen sulfide gas was released and asphyxiated an employee of a third-party contractor, resulting in death
- A manufacturing facility had a leak in a tank onsite which resulted in the release of a hydrochloric acid vapour cloud causing respiratory issues for nearby residents
What does Environmental and General Liability Exposures cover?
EAGLE provides coverage for a huge range of potential claims that are generally not covered under a standard ISO GL policy. Target classes include manufacturing and distribution, chemical-related, metal working, construction-related, specialty, petroleum/plastic/rubber-related, and packaging/containers.
- Emergency response costs arising from a pollution condition requiring immediate action
- Pollution Legal Liability arising from pollution conditions on, under or migrating from an insured property or non-owned location on a claims-made and reported basis:
- Coverage D-1a: Third-Party Claims for Bodily Injury or Property Damage or Off-site Clean-up Costs; scheduled insured properties
- Coverage D-1b: Time-Element Third-Party Claims for Bodily Injury and Property Damage — 20-day discovery/60-day reporting of pollution conditions; definition of insured property includes all premises owned, occupied, rented, or leased by the insured
- Coverage D-2: Third-Party Claims for Non-Owned Locations — qualified blanket locations included in base form and can schedule additional locations
- Pollution liability insurance options include new and pre-existing conditions for claims for bodily injury, property damage and clean-up costs on or migrating from scheduled insured properties
- Additional pollution legal liability insurance coverage afforded for environmental liabilities arising from hostile fire, products pollution, contracting operations and transportation of the insured’s goods, products, or waste
- Primary general liability coverage includes broad form named insured, broad additional insured coverage, and no premium audit provision
- CyberEdge® endorsement available for non-physical cyber coverage
- Primary and excess coverage available
- Minimum premium: EAGLE - $20,000
- Excess — Follow Form Basis — $25M in total limits excess of the primary EAGLE (or equivalent GL/ Pollution Combined form), EL, Auto, Marine, and Foreign
- Lead Excess — where EAGLE is the primary policy
- Ventilated Excess — Primary EAGLE with a non-lead excess policy
- Unsupported Excess — requires an EAGLE Equivalent primary policy, $25K minimum premium
- Underlying coverages can be included, excluded, or sub-limited based on insured’s needs
- Financial strength rated A+ by S&P, and A by AM Best
The AIG Advantage
- An understanding of clients' specific risk management needs, supported by decades of experience and flexible, tailored solutions for businesses of all sizes
- Can provide coverage worldwide through AIG’s multinational team on multinational paper
- Policyholders have access to a 24/7 nationwide network of pre-vetted vendors for emergency response and cost control via the Pollution Incident and Environmental Response (PIER) Program®