What is Storage Tank Insurance?
Storage tank insurance provides coverage for clean-up costs, corrective action and third-party bodily injury and property damage claims resulting from pollution conditions from scheduled Storage Tank Systems. Coverage may also be used to satisfy financial assurance requirements. Target markets: Owners/Operators of underground storage tanks (USTs) or aboveground storage tanks (ASTs).
Why does your business need TankGuard®?
- An employee of a storage facility noticed a fuel smell and identified a diesel leak in an aboveground storage tank
- Soil beneath a tank in an outdoor facility was contaminated resulting in environmental testing to determine the severity of contamination
What does TankGuard cover?
- Provides owners/operators of underground storage tanks less than 25 years old with coverage to protect against pollution conditions and third-party bodily injury
- Provides owners/operators of above ground tanks less than 40 years old with coverage to protect against pollution conditions and third-party bodily injury
The AIG Advantage
- Supports clients and underwriters with risk management program evaluations by engineers with years of insurance and environmental consulting experience
- Assists with crisis management, access to pre-vetted 24/7 emergency response contractors, and cost control via the Pollution Incident and Environmental Response (PIER) Program®
- Assigns in-house, industry-focused claims professionals to provide dedicated, expert guidance and prompt resolutions